- Vaughan, ON | Full-time
This position will oversee the day to day inspection and maintenance of essential building systems and production equipment in accordance with government regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s). This position is responsible for all maintenance requirements within the Paris, ON facility and will ensure all preventative and corrective actions are implemented.
- Ensure all required maintenance activities are maintained, performed and in accordance with the applicable SOP and service agreements with contractors
- Ensure all new equipment is verified as qualified by QA prior to purchase
- Ensure all controlled documents are administered and completed in the designated fashion
- Ensure the lock-out tag-out procedure is followed and recorded in the required fashion
- Ensure services are performed at the required intervals whether by in house staff or external contractors; schedule appointments for service and track maintenance
- Administer and follow maintenance schedule for onsite machinery
- Lead new technology implementation and related research: physical installation set-up, network requirements, training required, etc.
- Schedule and supervise contractors that may be required to undertake repair and maintenance
- Assist with the supervision of maintenance assistants in undertaking regular maintenance, facility upkeep and cleaning activities as required
- Participate in regular government audits as they pertain to maintenance and repair of building systems and production equipment.
- Ensure that preventive maintenance programs are created and complied with, forall equipment as needed to ensure operational up-time
- Ensure compliance with building safety code, fire plan, and fire extinguishers inspection plan
- Responsible for access to building in conjunction with Security and QA departments
- Creative solutions to reduce operational expenditures
- Manage the operational budget related to the ongoing maintenance, upgrading, retrofitting, and ensuring the facility is always fully operational
- Manage the daily activities of all licensed trades
- Prepare a budget for the fiscal year and prepare monthly variance reports
- Maintain vendor performance and non-conformance reports and manage vendor relationships to effective, efficient, and lowest cost service provision
- Maintain and develop relationships with all internal stakeholders (managers) and report on departmental projects
- Commissioning of processes and equipment once installed
- Accomplish work within the confines of the budget set by the General Manager
- Report defined KPI’s to the General Manager as directed
- Promote and ensure a safe work environment with strict adherence to all OH&S protocols
- Assist in production activities as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience / Education
- Professional Technical program or a Trades License; 2 year relevant diploma
- 5+ years’ experience managing and leading maintenance teams
- Working knowledge of building systems including some plumbing, mechanical, electrical and HVAC systems
- Working knowledge of health care / medical cannabis industry is ideal
Skills & Abilities
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of: Building systems including plumbing, mechanical, electrical and HVAC systems, Good Production Practices,
- Good Manufacturing Practices, on site Computer systems, software and maintenance
- Knowledge of HVAC, irrigation, and lighting systems
- Knowledge of ARGUS control systems considered an asset
- Electrical & Plumbing experience considered an asset
- Experience working with contractors, and maintaining schedules
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a team and independently, with competing priorities
- Quick learner and superior attention to detail
- Ability to strictly adhere to standard operating procedures while completing work activities
- Strong leadership
- Ability to triage maintenance need requirements
- Ability to lift 60 lbs repeatedly and work in a strenuous, sometimes hot and humid environment
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance status as required through Health Canada
Note: The chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will be contacting those that best fit the requirements. Aleafia Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Aleafia Health will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.